Thursday, March 27, 2008

The 9 to 5 life

I'm getting a taste of what it's like to be a 9 to 5er this week. I've been coming into work early, and leaving by 5 and have actually had plans after work that I've been able to keep. It's a change from the normal feast or famine that I am used to. If I have to work I generally just accept that the day is booked and I won't have time for other things. This week has been great. I get the reward of working and also the time after work to enjoy riding and a bit of a social life, I get to have a cake and eat it to, or something like that.

Thad met me after work Tuesday and drove us to Chickasaw Trace for a couple laps. He had some equipment to test out and both of us wanted to reacquaint ourselves with the course before this weekends race. I hadn't ridden there since last year so it was good to get some time on the trail and remember the nuances.

Single Speed start Photo credit: DLeach

I saw the trail with a totally different perspective, post Snake Creek Gap riding. There were several sections where I chuckled to myself, remembering how I used to think it was a hill. After Snake, the trail looks a lot flatter. After suffering on climbs and looking up to just see more climbing as far as you can see, Chickasaw looked like a ride in the park. It was still a hard ride and is a difficult trail in sections. I still struggled on the two major climbs. Riding at Chickasaw I always think I should be riding faster than I am. It's good for making me push harder, but can be frustrating. Everything is so much easier if I keep my momentum, I just have to do that, even when I'm sucking wind.

I made an exciting purchase online yesterday. I'll debut all the news when the material has actually made it to my doorstep though it appears my ebay searching may have finally paid off.
Been thinking about this one for a long time.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?