Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Things have been happening, the weather has been wacky and I've been riding as much as I can. I've been working close to home these past few weeks so I've been trying to commute to work on the bike at least a couple times a week. The weather has cooperated enough on Thurs to get some fun rides in to the tap room. I could get used to working on music row everyday again. Since the slowing of the music business, my work has become more scattered around town with less of it being on music row. Now it's just a treat to work on the row, even just for a day.

We had some great, spring-like weather here last week with temps in the 50s and 60s. We got a big group together again to ride Montgomery Bell. This is the only trail close to Nashville that's still dry enough to ride so the parking lot is quite busy these days. A gravel grinder was talked about but we decided to hit the trail instead. I felt great the entire ride and really enjoyed myself. We ended up splitting into a couple groups as usually happens. J5 wasn't feeling his best which meant that I could keep up easier than usual. We ended up with about 20 miles on the day and of course hit the Mexican joint on the way our of White Bluff, TN.

Nashville's weather being what it is, it is back to highs in the 30s during the day and teens over night. I've chosen to not brave the cold this week with any rides to work but may ride in tomorrow. It's time for the 2nd edition of the 2009 Snake Creek Gap race. I missed the first one so I'm excited to get back to Dalton and try my luck at the Snake. I've got a new bike to ride and a fresh outlook for '09. I haven't been riding as much as I'd would of liked but it's too late now and I'm not gonna dwell on it. I'm looking forward to some campfire fun Friday night and a great ride in the woods on Saturday. I've got many friends racing Snake Creek this year for the first time so I'm excited for them too. This race is such a great experience. You go through so many emotions while out in the woods from pure child-like joy to completely frustration and exhaustion. Once you cross the finish line though it's all fun. All the pain fades from your memory. Speaking of pain, I'll be riding this race rigid for the first time. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Adam said...

I'm looking forward to the weekend. I've not been riding as much as I would like either so I'm just gonna show up do my best and have a good time and try not to cry too much.

Your gonna like riding it rigid. The only thing hard is the descending for a long period of time. It tends to wear on you. You'll enjoy it.

Unknown said...

oh yea, that descending thing. :o)

I still remember riding the 1st Snake with you and we stopped on that long downhill cus of hand cramps.

It's a good thing the riding isn't the (only) fun part of Snake. :)

FullSquishy said...

Look at the positives of it all Greg, with your new Ti bike and rigid fork...going "up" the hills should be much easier.....see ya Saturday.

EndlessBikeCo. said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. I look forward to meeting you this weekend at Snake. I was probably partially out of it when I met ya at Swank.

I had a great time at the first Snake Creek, and I think this one is gonna be even better. Bring your ss lady friends along, as EndlessBikeCo. is sponsoring the event by giving the top 3 ss men and every ss woman a free cog.

We'll be leaving Asheville in 2.5 hours Wooooo HOOOOO! Road trip!

 
Who links to my website?