Sunday, May 03, 2009

Are we gonna have a repeat?


rain everywhere


We just got back in Nashville after leaving a craft show in Athens, GA where it was raining. It rained the entire drive back to Nashville and it's raining here in Nashville. I hear it even rained here in Nashville all weekend. Pretty sure it rained in Fayetteville...the home of Dirt Sweat and Gears 2009.

I hope we don't have a repeat of Laps 1-3 of last years DSG race. As a new 29er rider, I don't have a stash of extra tires built up, actually I don't have any extra tires. So... I'm calling on some NMB friends to borrow some narrower tires that will hopefully work well enough in thick, sticky clay (not toochickens Clay) conditions. I'm super excited about the race and entering it solo. Even if the race is exactly like last year, I see myself sitting out the first lap or so, since I can do that now.

1 comment:

freshie (and zero) said...

Bummer. I hope you guys don't get too exhausted maneuvering the mud!

 
Who links to my website?