Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

What are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for an amazing family and the ability to ride my bike!  This week I'm back in Yorktown, Va visiting my parents and grandparents and old neighbors. I brought along my bike for the first time so I've been out exploring the old neighborhood. I went out for a dreary rainy ride on Tuesday and really enjoyed being out in the drizzly rain. No where really to go but I rode around and went by many old houses of highschool friends.

I got out this afternoon around noon and rode down to our local marina and around more of the old neighborhood. There are tons of new houses and entirely new developments since I was last out and about here. I lived here from 1989-1996 when I graduated highschool so it's been a while since I've been around the backroads here. Unfortunately lots of the roads are short and end in cul-de-sacs so I did a lot of turning around. I enjoyed being out though and moving the legs. It's kind of an odd feeling to be home for Thanksgiving, be eating with no regrets and yet also be out exercising.

Here is a map of my ride today, lots of turns but got in 12.5 miles with the sun shining.


View Larger Map

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?