Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Perks of the job

What's one to do after a short workday in a nice recording studio in Bellevue? Finish the drive to Montgomery Bell State Park of course to burn off some steam out in the woods riding your bike!

The rain tried to ruin the day, even sprinkling a half hour before I was gonna leave the studio. Thankfully it was just a tease and when I met Jeffy and Wendy in the parking lot it was dry and almost cool. The temperature was in the strange middle ground of humid coolness. Quite comfortable yet lots of sweat generated.

Jeffy led Wendy and I through the woods at a great pace. Conversation was light and also sporadic enough for some good mental decompression. Bikes performed flawlessly, and legs and lungs were feeling good. We rode all through the nooks and crannies of the trail, weaving backwards and forward sections. It's always fun to be led by someone who really knows a trail. You get exposed to all the gems a trail offers, most of which you wouldn't just happen upon on your own.

Jeff and I rode on by ourselves for the last few miles after Wendy took an easier pace due to not feeling that well. We rode the Back Blue trail backwards to the Green downhill entrance and then on to some great sections of the White trail. I'm slowly learning there are some great sections on White. I had swore that trail off a few years ago due to the flat, twisty nature but it's not all like that apparently.

It was such a great finish to a day. Definitely a great perk to working out in Bellevue. I'm already looking forward to more days like this. Even took the time to give the bike a good wash down when I got home. Poor thing has been neglected lately and needs some TLC. Creaks and pops have been reminding me but I've been putting it off. Seems like it's time for some bottom bracket love too but that will have to wait for another day. At least now it's clean and safely waiting for the next ride in the workshop.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?